Friday 26 April 2013

Superdrug Vitamin E Skin Care : SPF 15 Moisturising Day Cream

I have such a lovely treat to share with you today! 
One of the things I mentioned in my post about beating adult acne (HERE) was the importance of keeping your skin moisturised. In the past I have struggled to find a moisturiser that suits my skin, ie. acne prone, combination skin, with dry cheeks, but also aged over 30. I need something rich enough to deal with the fact I am no longer a fresh faced teenager with dewy skin that barely needs moisturising at all, but at the same time it needs to play nicely with acne prone skin (which most 30+ products don't). I got pretty sick of forking out £12+ for a so called wonder product that turned my face into pizza in two days flat and ended up in the bin, so for a long time I just got by with a completely inadequate teenage oil free anti-acne moisturiser topped up with a pump of serum here and there. Until now. Enter Superdrug Vitamin E Moisturising Day Cream. 

I was just browsing the shelves in Superdrug one day when I stumbled across their Vitamin E range which was on a 2 for 1 offer at the time. I'd already tried their hot cloth cleanser and nourishing oil and loved them both, so I thought maybe it was worth picking up some of the other things in the range. I got two different day creams, a night cream, and an eye cream. I'll be reviewing them all here soon but for today here is the SPF 15 Moisturising Day Cream.
All of the products in this range have the same scent, which is gorgeous. It's a subtle smell, reminiscent of coconut or possibly sun tan lotion.The cream is rich enough that it leaves my face feeling beautifully moisturised, but not so much that it is still sat on my face feeling greasy half an hour later. I hate that!! You know when a cream is so rich, it just won't sink in, and the stuff turns to gross little beads on your face if you rub it? None of that here. PHEW. It takes just a few minutes to sink in and then I'm ready to go. 
It contains SPF 15 (important if you don't want wrinkles!) and most importantly of all for me it doesn't make me break out at all. Since using this cream, my skin has looked one heck of a lot better too. My dry cheeks aren't dry any more, my greasy areas are behaving themselves, and my skin is actually starting to 'glow' for the first time in I don't know how long. I knew this was the right moisturiser for me after I'd been using it for a week... my son kept touching my cheeks and when I asked him why, he said 'because your face is so soft and smooth now Mum!'

One of the best bits?  Even when it's not on special offer, this stuff only costs £2.99 for 100ml! Honestly the only bad thing I can think of to say about it is that it's in a jar and not a pump or a squeezy tube - so it's marginally less convenient to use without getting cream stuck underneath your nails. But seriously? At under £3 a pop I really can't moan... I'll just spend some of that money I've saved on a little spatula to scoop it out with instead!


2 comments:

  1. I might have to give this range a go, my skin is a nightmare at the moment!
    Great review :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know what your favorite face solutions are so far? Loved learning more about Skinlastin products, they look too good to miss.

    ReplyDelete